Fig Industries is currently seeking an ambitious and experienced Designer to develop and execute creative solutions for both its brand design division and Fig magazine product.
- Bachelor’s Degree or BFA with a very strong design concentration; marketing experience is a plus.
- 2-4+ years of industry experience. Preference is given to those in the high-end publishing industry.
- Strong working knowledge and direct experience with Adobe Creative Cloud. Branding experience and strong page layout skills are preferred.
- Ability to travel to/from photoshoots and client meetings. Strong knowledge of the Lancaster community and the Fig magazine product. Passion for overall community development.
- To be able to consistently impress our clients with creative design solutions, ensure profitability of design with effective time management and communication, and consistently seek development opportunities.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively on Fig magazine. This includes, but is not limited to, customer advertisements, cover concepts and execution, overall issue design concepts and execution, customer changes and proof distribution, and proper file management.
- Collaborate with Fig Directors and Regional Directors on creative concepts utilizing page layout skills, while working with the Production Manager to meet established production deadlines.
- Art direct photoshoots in your designated Fig location.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and develop concepts for Fig Industries branding and marketing projects with others on design team.
- Communicate with the Account Manager and Creative Director on proposed design direction making sure it meets client expectations.
- Attend client meetings, photo sessions and press checks when needed for client projects. This includes, but is not limited to, leading photo sessions, developing shot lists for projects, and meeting client design expectations for project.
- Take responsibility for all graphic and sourcing-related details on designated Fig Industries projects while maintaining budgeted hours through efficient time-keeping and tracking.
- Maintain Designer skillset through continued education and research of new trends in the Graphic Design Industry.
- Maintain workload and deadline for deliverables so that we continue to deliver creative design solutions to clients on time.
To work independently as well as collaboratively on Fig magazine. This includes, but is not limited to, customer advertisements, cover concepts and execution, overall issue design concepts and execution, customer changes and proof distribution, and proper file management.
You will work collaboratively on creative concepts utilizing your page layout skills, and working hand-in-hand with the Creative Production Manager to meet deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.
To be invested in the mission of Fig and its impact in changing perceptions and uniting communities. Fig’s continuous mission is to lift up small businesses in great destinations and the Designer must understand the impact they have in the community.
To forecast trends in the design industry including type, color, software for process improvement, and best execution of design.
We have set cultural expectations for our team and look for these qualities—as well as others—in applicants.
- Fearlessly offer support
- Give grace to team members and clients
- Relentlessly deliver exemplary customer service to clients and team members
- Offer and cultivate trust
- Do not overlay personal values on someone else’s performance or style
- Fearlessly own fallibility
- Prioritize what you hear over what you have to say
- Go for resolution, not “the win”
- Nourish healthy tension by seeking and accepting input
- Cultivate curiosity about others—clients and team members
- Ensure shared understanding of goals and responsibilities among team members and with clients
ABOUT FIG INDUSTRIES
We’re a smart and sociable team of creative professionals committed to producing meaningful and strategic brand design and marketing. Our goal is to communicate messages that change perceptions, connect with our clients’ vision, and enrich the communities around us. We’re responsive listeners who build trust by fostering relationships—and that’s at the heart of everything we do. Design For Good is just the beginning.
Fig Industries Core Values:
- Heart of service
- Assume positive intent
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- Listen actively
Show us what you got!
Submit résumés, cover letters, and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1.