Senior Graphic Designer
Fig Industries is currently seeking an ambitious and experienced Senior Designer to develop and execute creative solutions for both its brand design division and Fig magazine product. The ideal candidate will have solid graphic design expertise, thrive on developing creative solutions, and enjoy working with people at all levels.
This posting will remain active and receive resumes through Friday, November 22, 2019.
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or BFA with a very strong design concentration; marketing experience is a plus.
- 7-10 years of industry experience. Preference is given to those in the high-end publishing industry.
- Strong working knowledge and direct experience with Adobe Creative Cloud. Branding experience and strong page layout skills are preferred.
- Ability to travel to/from photoshoots and client meetings. Strong knowledge of the Fig magazine product and passion for overall community development.
- To be able to consistently impress our clients with creative design solutions, ensure profitability of design with effective time management and communication, and consistently seek development opportunities.
- Knowledge of the photography industry preferred, but not required.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively on Fig magazine. This includes, but is not limited to, customer advertisements, cover concepts and execution, overall issue design concepts and execution, customer changes and proof distribution, and proper file management.
- Collaborate with Fig Directors and Regional Directors on creative concepts utilizing page layout skills, while working with the Creative Services Manager to meet established production deadlines.
- Art direct photo-shoots in your designated Fig location.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and develop concepts for Fig Industries branding and marketing projects with others on design team.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Account Manager and Creative Director on proposed design direction making sure it meets client expectations.
- Attend client meetings, photo sessions and press checks when needed for client projects. This includes, but is not limited to, leading photo sessions, developing shot lists for projects, and meeting client design expectations for project.
- Present design concepts to clients, engage with clients during design process, seek feedback, and present designs with confidence.
- Take responsibility for all graphic and sourcing-related details on designated Fig Industries projects while maintaining budgeted hours through efficient time-keeping and tracking.
- Maintain Senior Designer skillset through continued education and research of new trends in the Graphic Design Industry.
- Maintain workload and deadlines for deliverables so that we continue to deliver creative design solutions to clients on time.
- Interpersonal: ability to connect with others; ability to identify and be conscious of customer and team needs.
- Problem-solving: ability to creatively and quickly generate solutions.
- Communication: excellent verbal and written skills; ability to effectively communicate with the team.
- Initiative: ability to work independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Organization: ability to organize projects; ability to determine copy and photo needs.
- Time management: ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Leadership: ability to understand big picture thinking, lead by example, and be a role model for the rest of the team.
- Applications: Adobe Creative Cloud.
Our Guiding Principle
Our team values creativity and collaboration. We work hard and enjoy working together to create impact and change. Having a heart of service is how we approach everything. We support and elevate others, from clients to colleagues to community partners.
ABOUT FIG INDUSTRIES
We are passionate creatives who want to put our ideas to work for good companies with great causes. We create positive change for our clients and our communities. It’s our mission of Design for Good.
We’re a B Corp!
B Corp certification means that we’ve completed the rigorous process of becoming certified by B Lab as meeting the highest standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability to our clients and in the communities we serve. We’re one of the first publishers in the nation to achieve this certification—balancing purpose and profit. To become a Certified B Corp, we were measured on our positive impact in areas of governance, workers, community, the environment.
Show us what you got!
Submit résumés, cover letters, and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22.