Creative Production Manager
The Creative Production Manager (CPM) will inspire people as a collaborative, enthusiastic partner, production process thought leader, and solutions provider in the Fig Industries team. The CPM will manage workflow, timelines and production schedules for projects in design, branding, marketing, and magazine production for a busy design studio.
The CPM role will ensure the Studio is running at its maximum efficiency by organizing workloads, implementing relevant processes, understanding the interdependencies of projects and being a point of contact between the designers, account managers and outside production vendors.
- Ensure profitability of all Fig Industries and Fig Magazine projects through the effective utilization of design and production resources
- Own workflow success; be the conduit for efficient process, communication, and timeline management
- Partner with other team members to facilitate positive work flow
- Ensure an exceptional Fig Industries and Fig Magazine production process for our clients
- Lead team member fluency in the use of Fig Industries’ workflow process and project management software
- Manage timelines and deliverables between account and design teams
- Work with the design team to obtain estimates and source materials from production vendors
- Review the daily schedules of the creative team
- Forecast and maintain project schedules
- Plan and allocate internal design resources utilizing rolling weekly calendar process
- Assess project readiness and materials to maximize design efficiency
- Understand and be able to communicate/report current project status during life-cycle
- Work with the Design Manager to plan resource allocations accordingly to comply with Fig Industries design standards for client and internal meeting deadlines
- Plan annual photo schedule for Fig Magazine with internal and external resources.
- Manage and execute proofing cycle for quarterly magazines with help from Fig Directors and Fig Coordinator
- Identify constraints and communicate to team and vendors, identify areas of concern, and adjust plans and resources, if necessary, to meet project goals and deadlines
- Research and identify best practice workflow software tools that can help continue workflow efficiency
Requirements & Skillset:
- Enthusiastic team leader and motivator who is genuinely curious
- Strong project management and organizational skills with an eye for details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead people and process, and pitch in wholeheartedly when help is needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Graphic Communications is preferred
- 5+ years of experience within a creative team environment, either in-house design or agency is preferred
- Understand the language of design, print production and commercial photography
- A solid understanding of workflow software. Experience with Wrike is preferred, but not necessary
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite for Mac. Ability to quickly learn new software and technology is mandatory
Show us what you got!
Fig Industries offers a competitive salary and benefit package including health insurance, dental, retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, vacation and a creative environment where you can thrive.