Director of Fig Lancaster
At Fig Industries, we’re driven by a passion for what we do. We’re a mission-driven business based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and we’re looking for a Director for Fig Lancaster. This is a full-time, sales and editorial, 40+ hour position for someone who has 5-10 years experience. We are looking for a community builder who loves Lancaster and wants to lift up independent businesses for the good of the city.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Director will fulfill sales responsibilities by the deadline for each issue by executing the following:
- Maintain daily list of advertisers / potential advertisers utilizing provided company platforms. Honor meetings, appointments and commitments.
- Prepare and present official proposals and contracts.
- Aid in the annual planning process for each issue.
- Provide a weekly sales summary to Publisher in a timely manner each week via email.
- Meet sales goal set forth for each issue.
- Be fluent in the Fig social media and digital platforms and packages.
- Be aware of community needs and find creative ways to meet them.
Each issue of Fig must reflect the local community and represent the best that it has to offer. The Director must provide the following content by deadline for 4 issues each year.
- Define focus and direction for each issue by being entrenched in the community.
- Identify topics, schedule writer and provide writer with details on subject matter.
- Identify editorial features and feature article and process approval through publisher prior to commitment. Brainstorm with the design team on graphic direction for the each issue.
- Research and compile the events list for print in each issue.
- Develop ad concepts with client and schedule photography.
- Keep detailed notes on client concepts and record them in company CRM.
- Identify launch party location and plan party for each issue.
- Proof final files and follow up on final art from design to print.
- Represent the Fig brand by attending community and advertiser events.
- Take photos for use on Fig digital platforms and work with the Social Engagement Manager in relation to posting
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing and/or communications.
- At least 5-10 years of sales and marketing experience and editorial/publishing experience. Application experience and highly proficienct in Microsoft Office. Previous experience using a CRM system such as SugarCRM or SalesForce preferred.
- Strong experience with social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Strong knowledge of Lancaster and the surrounding area.
- Passion for community development and small business.
- Strong working knowledge and direct experience with social media channels and user experience.
- Highly independent and proactive
- Self-starter, shows initiative
- Trustworthy with high integrity
- Friendly and compassionate
- Sense of urgency and timeliness, self-motivated Confident and self-assured—extroverted Comfortable in a high-paced environment
- Can see the big picture and is equally detail-oriented
- Energetic, dynamic, and resilient
- A community connector
- Resourceful and optimistic
- Relationship focused
- A creative thinker
- Emotionally Intelligent
- Enjoys public engagements, pitching, presenting
- Mission-driven: belief in the mission and an enthusiastic, unending passion for fulfilling it. Emotionally Intelligent: ability to connect with others, identify and be conscientious of customer and team needs. Problem-solving: ability to creatively and quickly generate solutions / think outside the box.
- Communication: excellent verbal and written skills, ability to effectively communicate.
- Application/program knowledge: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Drive, MS Office.
- Independence: ability to work independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Organization: ability to organize daily tasks and be aware of all major deadlines, working to meet them.
- Time management: ability to prioritize and work overtime when needed to meet deadlines.
- Sales: ability to fully communicate the mission, follow up on leads and close the sale.
To be considered for this position, each candidate must supply a cover letter including what you love most about the City of Lancaster, how you want to help fulfill our mission, and why you’re the best candidate for this position. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Show us what you got!
Apply by submitting resumes and cover letters to email@example.com